Each year, working professionals like you commit to balancing the rigor of BC’s part-time MBA with their already busy schedules to earn the promotion they’re seeking, remain marketable in a competitive job industry, or begin making their mark in a new field. If you’re wondering how you can do the same while continuing in your current position, there are a few things you need to know.
1. You can fit an MBA into your schedule. Prioritizing commitments (in your job, your family, and your social life) will become the most important factor for finding work-life balance. While adding an MBA program to your schedule will likely require some rearranging or careful planning, you’ll find that your graduate management degree is completely achievable. (The part-time BC MBA offers convenient 4:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. class times, and hybrid and online courses, which are ideal for working professionals.)
2. The return on investment is significant. A part-time MBA may seem like a huge investment, but statistics show that the outcomes can be great. According to GMAC’s 2016 Alumni Perspectives Survey, the majority of part-time MBA alumni were highly satisfied with their personal development (95 percent), knowledge and technical skills gained (93 percent), and increased self confidence (96 percent). (Part-time BC MBA alum, Shannon Murphy, says, “It was 100% worth it.”) Enrolling in an MBA program while you work also means you’ll have a steady income and the potential for tuition reimbursement from your employer.
3. You may qualify for advanced standing. If you’ve demonstrated mastery in a core subject area, you may be eligible to receive advanced-standing credits, reducing the overall credit requirement and tuition cost for your degree. Fewer required credits mean you’ll spend less money and work toward completing your degree in less time.
4. You’ll find support through every step. As a part-time student, you’ll have equal access to faculty and staff—for everything from academic advising, applied learning opportunities, and career guidance. At BC, part-time MBA students learn from the same world-class faculty as our full-time students, and tap into our exceptional career development team and fiercely loyal alumni network throughout the duration of their program and beyond.
5. Real-world experience enhances your learning. Being in the workplace and in the classroom the very same day allows you to apply the knowledge you’re gaining in class to your work setting (and vice versa). When you bring the business problems you’re analyzing to life, your knowledge grows tenfold.
6. You’ll build your network. Taking classes with students from a wide range of industries, functions, and experiences gives you unlimited opportunities to exchange ideas. Consider the caliber of your classmates as your future network.